Social & Communication - We are regularly visited by local schools and groups. The Groups have access to the Sensory planting areas in the Gardens and food providence information in the Animal Centre. We work with local Bee Keeping, Bat Watchers and other wildlife groups.
How you can be a responsible visitor seven things you can do to help save the planet
1. Conserve Energy Reduce energy consumption by turning off lights and closing windows when the heating is on.
2. Pedal Power Give the car a rest, try walking, cycling or using the public transport for the day.
3. Shop Local - Use local producers and products. This supports the local communities and gives you a flavour of the area.
4. The 3 Rs Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Use a fabric shopping bag rather than taking plastic ones, avoid overly packaged goods and recycle your waste in the correct bins.
5. Water Wise - Turn off taps when not in use, reduce the flush size on your toilets, collect roof water for use in the garden or to wash the car.
6. Help Nature & The Environment - Look after the landscape by not littering and removing litter where possible. Guard against fire hazards. Use footpaths and cycle-ways responsibly, respect signage, especially closing gates signs where livestock is about.
7. Support Green Tourism Businesses - The GTB Scheme shows that a business is committed to reducing their environmental impacts and becoming more sustainable. These businesses are awarded Bronze, Silver and Gold for their efforts to be more environmentally responsible.
We hope you enjoy your visit with us and hope to see you again soon.