Located in our visitor centre, our beautifully fitted shop sells a wide range of attractive gifts, including china and glassware, books, postcards and a variety of Mey Selection products, together with jam and chutney made from fresh produce picked from the castle garden.
A special line which is sold exclusively at the Castle Shop and ANTA is the range of scarves and throws made in the Queen Mother Check. The colour and design are inspired by a favourite and much worn outfit belonging to Her Majesty which is now displayed in the castle library.
A range of tweed goods, made by Johnstons of Elgin, was introduced towards the end of the 2008 season. Chosen by Their Royal Highnesses, The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay, there are two shades - one identified as field and one as house. Ties, caps and scarves are popular but there are many items in the range, including a super comfortable armchair.
Another range of goods, added in 2010 is a selection of items crafted from Caithness stone.
- The shop is open from 10.00 am until 5.00 pm daily whenever the castle is open.
- There is easy wheelchair access.
- Tickets are purchased from the shop.
- Visitors from abroad can pick up a translation of the castle information sheet in the following languages: Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Mandarin.
- Most major credit cards are accepted.
We are unable to offer a full mail order service, but should you wish to purchase a guide book by post, please contact us for details.